blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Author Q & A

1. Why do you blog?

I blog because it's a creative outlet for me to share with readers, and passers by my thoughts and opinions on things that I find interesting.

2. How old are you?

They say a lady should never tell but I'm a woman who's not afraid of the aging process I graciously turned 32 last week 10.9.81



3. Why don't you blog consistently, like daily?

I have a full time job guys. I don't have the luxury to sit in front of my computer to search for content to blog about. I would love to do this daily but I'm not interested in setting expectations super high that I cannot achieve. I try to blog at least 1x per week, more if I can. I'm also a wife, a friend, a sister etc so my time is dedicated to more things than my awesome blog.

4. What nationality are you?

Ahhhhh the age old question that I've been getting since I was able to speak. I am an American. I am an African-American of mixed descent woman. My roots are in NJ but my mother is from a very small town in Georgia and my father's parents are from a very small town in South Carolina. My paternal great-grandmother was Cherokee Indian. My maternal great-grandfather was a white man. I don't know if his family were Italian, German, Polish etc but the rumor I've heard is Irish. I embrace all of these differences about me. Curly hair, caramel skin, slim nose it is what it is. I love me!

5. What do you do full time?

I work for the corporate offices of a MAJOR retailer. You've probably been there a time or two

6. Why do you blog about so many different things? Why not stick to one targeted audience?

I'm a "Jack of All Trades"!!! I like to juggle, i'm knowledgable about several topics.

Makeup/Beauty - I am a freelance MUA. I do bridal makeup, special event makeup, my own makeup. I like making women feel beautiful and teaching them how to achieve certain looks.

Weddings - I've started out as an assistant coordinator with Jenny Orsini Events in 2007, now I am a Senior Event Consultant with J.O.E. My ultimate passion in life is to be surrounded by all things wedding related it's an obsession. I'm the friend that you call when you get engaged and all throughout your planning to ask those crazy questions no one else would know the answer to nor would they care about it! Weddings = LIFE

This me after I picked my wedding gown up from Kleinfeld's

Food - I absolutely LOVE food! Who doesn't? I used to sit in my mother's kitchen as a child and watch/help her prepare several meals for our family because it was fun to me! I enjoy entertaining, making decadent dishes for my family and friends. I'm blessed to have skilled hands in the kitchen and not need to follow recipes line for line. My family thinks I'm adventurous  (try getting a southern family to eat Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving instead of Mama Duke's Sweet Potato Pie and I might get slapped)
Made this during Hurricane Sandy 
Baked brie with berries YUM


Fashion - I'm plus sized so I'm interested in fashion for my body type. Period point blank

7. What does your blog name mean?

Adhari is my first name. Renee is my middle name. As a child (and even to this day) my family likes to call me Adhari Renee amongst other nicknames. I love my name I think it's unique. It means "princess" in Hebrew or Arabic i'm not 100% sure. But if you don't believe my name is Arabic check this out Adhari

Thanks for reading. If you have questions please comment down below!!!!

XoXo, Food and Great Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment