Hey Guys,
Happy FRIDAY!!!!
I've been a little MIA but it's not that bad, hope I wasn't missed or anything.
So earlier this week I was sick. I stayed home and had 2 packs of Ramen Noodle soup. But I didn't want that I wanted REAL SOUP
So I whipped this little batch up in my Le Creuset Dutch Oven (OBSESSED)
Claiming this as my go to soup for the Fall. Chicken, Sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, butter, olive oil, corn, toasted sesame oil, chili powder curry powder and cumin. Emulsified and stewed topped with slivered almonds for a texture variation. Take THAT $7.49 soup from Hale and Hearty
Savory Fall Stew
3 Chicken legs
1 Sweet Potatoe (diced)
3/4c diced carrots
1 Spanish Onion (diced)
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 TBSP of Butter
2 TBPS of Olive Oil (EVOO is perfectly ok)
1 bag of frozen corn
1 dash of Toasted Sesame Oil
Chili Powder
Cumin Powder
Curry Powder
2 Knorr Chicken Stock Gel
Step 1: Heat up a pot large enough to hold 5c of water
Step 2. Add your olive oil, onions, carrots, and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 min then add your garlic. Let this sautee for about 3 min (do not let the garlic burn or else your stock is ruined)
Step 3. Add 5c of water and your chicken stock gel. Put the lid on and give it time to melt into the pot.
Step 4. Add the chicken legs and corn and let this boil on LOW for 20-30 minutes
Tip: I refrained from seasoning it in the early stages because I really wanted the natural flavors of my ingredients to be the stars of this soup. If you want a heavy taste on the dry seasonings then by all means add them in the beginning but if you're like me and wanted just a hint of it wait until the next step
Step 5: If you have an Emulsifier (hand held blender) take the chicken legs out and blend your soup until it's the consistency you want. Normally I like a super chunky texture, but this time I wanted something smooth and creamy so I blended until it was just that. If you do not have a handheld blender just pour the soup into your counter top blender and do it that way. Same thing!
Step 6: Add the chicken legs back into the soup, and season. I did not measure this part, I went by my eye sight b/c I could tell how much was too much or too little. Add the dash of Toasted Sesame Oil and let it cook on low for about 30 more minutes. The longer you cook, the better it tastes!
I garnished mine with some slivered almonds just for texture and enjoyed every moment of this soup

No comments:
Post a Comment