Happy Monday!!!!
I hope you all had a great weekend. I stayed in and kept it very low key this weekend. Ran some errands with hubby and went to visit a new church with some of my girlfriends.
I'm really curious to know why I keep on posting about food on this blog. Every time I make a meal I'm anxious to get onto Blogger to share it with you all (you know…those that actually ready my posts).
A few weeks back my husband asked me "Why don't you ever make BBQ ribs for dinner"…my response was something along the lines of "well..I really don't know actually". After that conversation, I forgot about it completely until last night I was food shopping and came across a nice meaty pack of country ribs and I decided that tonight would be the night he gets ribs.
But…they couldn't be just any type of rib recipe, it had to be authentic to my brain something that wasn't pulled from another cookbook etc. Somewhere out there, I know there is a Chef, or a Home Cook who has made ribs this exact way and that's fine because great minds think alike.
But…here is my version of my version of slathered, juicy, and tender ribs.
Maple Whisky BBQ Baked Ribs aka City Slicker Ribs
1 pack of country ribs
Lawry's Seasoned Salt this stuff is like the mecca of all southern kitchens
Ground Black Pepper
3-4 twists of Sea Salt
1 hefty sprinkle of raw sugar
BBQ Sauce
1/2 an onion thinly sliced
1 lemon wedge
1 bottle of a basic BBQ sauce I used K.C. Masterpiece
1/2 c. of Maple Whiskey
2 tbsp of Maple Syrup
2 tbsp. of Port Wine
Throw all of this in a small sauce pan, cover with a lid and cook on low for 30 min
Step 1. Season the ribs with sea salt, black pepper and Lawry's Season Salt *
Step 2. Put ribs in a deep dish pan and cover with foil and bake on 350 for 1 hour
Step 3. Pull the ribs out of the oven and turn the temperature up to 365
Step 4. Drain the juice from the pan completely
Step 5. Sprinkle the ribs with the raw sugar and then pour the BBQ sauce on top and make sure you get every inch of those ribs covered in sauce
Step 6. Put them back into the oven for 15-20 min to let it soak up the coating
Step 7. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 10min (this also allows the sauce to get sticky which is how I prefer them)
* Season your meat to eyesight. I like to see sprinkles of every seasoning on the meat that's how I judge it. Be careful with the Lawry's though; because we're using sea salt we don't want the ribs over salted
I whipped up homemade mashed potatoes with ricotta cheese and a little bit of steamed kale and onions for our sides. It was probably some of the best ribs i've ever had (besides the ribs my father makes now those are game changers)
Enjoy!!!!!
p.s. some people think I cook "fancy"….this dish is not fancy to me at all. I don't think I cook fancy nor do I think I AM fancy. I cook what I like, that's all. I don't necessarily make these meals just to play in a fantasy life thinking everyone wishes they could eat like me. I have a very versatile palette when it comes to food. I'm not a repeat player, meaning if i'm investing time to turn on a stove, you better believe I want to enjoy it and not feel completely BORED with what's on my plate. No dish is ever the same….EVER. Why? Because I don't follow recipes per se, I go with my gut and hope it turns out good. Experimentation is what I love and adore about the process of cooking/baking. So if you do read my blog and you're intimidated….please don't be. Just because it's plated a certain way doesn't mean it's so hard to make. I like to eat different things and I like it to look pretty on a plate. Plain and simple.

No comments:
Post a Comment